Helvetica Light is an easy-to-read font, wit
Last updated: 31st August 2023
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
To provide the Services, we collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, as set out below. The information that we collect and use varies depending on how you interact with us.
In addition to the specific uses set out below, we may use information we collect about you to communicate with you, provide the Services, comply with any applicable legal obligations, enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others. When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
What Personal Information We Collect
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
Information that you directly submit to us through our Services may include:
- Basic contact details including your name, address, phone number, email.
- Order information including your child's name, billing address, payment confirmation, email address, phone number.
- Account information including your username, password, security questions.
- Customer support information including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through our Contact page.
Some features of the Services may require you to directly provide us with certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- Providing Products and Services. We use your personal information to provide you with the Services in order to perform our contract with you, including to process your payments, fulfill your orders, to send notifications to you related to you account, purchases, returns, exchanges or other transactions, to create, maintain and otherwise manage your account, to arrange for shipping, facilitate any returns and exchanges and to enable you to post reviews.
- To provide you with information about our products, services and activities and to deal with your requests and enquiries, including complaints
- For "service administration purposes", which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service or activity you signed up for (eg, invoices, or change of details regarding a class you are enrolled in, etc)
- Marketing and Advertising. We use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send marketing, advertising and promotional communications by email, text message or postal mail, and to show you advertisements for products or services. This may include using your personal information to better tailor the Services and advertising on our Site and other websites.
- Communicating with you. We use your personal information to provide you with customer support and improve our Services. This is in our legitimate interests in order to be responsive to you, to provide effective services to you, and to maintain our business relationship with you.
As and when we need to use your personal information for reasons other than the ones specified above, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
Information We Collect through Cookies
Most browsers automatically accept Cookies by default, but you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject Cookies through your browser controls. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking Cookies can negatively impact your user experience and may cause some of the Services, including certain features and general functionality, to work incorrectly or no longer be available.
How We Disclose Personal Information
Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall. All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Catch Dance Academy does NOT share your personal information with any third parties for marketing purposes. We do not sell your data, and neither do we buy data from third parties.
Taking, Storing and Using Images of Students
Certain uses of images are necessary for publicising and updating other parents of Catch Dance Academy services and activities. Parental consent is always required before any photograph can be taken, stored or used and all are given the option to give consent for the school to take still or moving images and to use them in terms of marketing the school on:
- Our website
- Or Internally for progress tracking
If consent is given for a still or moving image of your child to be used for any of the external marketing purposes, please be informed that these are public domains and can be viewed by anyone.
Should an image be used in any marketing publication, website or social media site there will be no use of names alongside images other than in special circumstances (such as getting into a dance school, or other achievements). In these very special cases parental consent will be asked, and Catch Dance Academy will only ever use a first name to protect privacy.
At any time consent can be withdrawn to the taking, storing or use of images by contacting email@example.com
How long we retain your personal information
It depends on different factors, such as whether we need the information to maintain your account, to provide the Services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce other applicable contracts and policies. We keep the information we hold about our customers and students for as long as is necessary to deliver the services we are providing you with. After leaving the school we will keep any necessary data stored securely for one year after current use before deletion.
Your Rights and Choices
Depending on where you live, you may have some or all of the rights listed below in relation to your personal information. However, these rights are not absolute, may apply only in certain circumstances and, in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Right to Access / Know. You may have a right to request access to personal information that we hold about you, including details relating to the ways in which we use and share your information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request that we delete personal information we maintain about you.
- Right to Correct. You may have a right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Right of Portability. You may have a right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, in certain circumstances and with certain exceptions.
You may exercise any of these rights where indicated on our Site or by contacting us using the contact details provided below. We will respond to your request in a timely manner as required under applicable law.